A collection of wonderful, mouth-watering recipes from the annals of history brought back to life by Culinary Historian Professor Roland Rotherham with invaluable tips by Master Chef Simon Smith.
Written with humour and translated from many different historical sources, this book provides a veritable feast of fabulous food and fascinating facts from the Pharaohs’ banquets of Ancient Egypt right through tothe decadent splendour of the Victorian tea table.
At long last wild boar pie, braised elk and stuffed dormouse are back on the menu!
Pub. Date: AVAILABLE
Publisher: Steve Brookes Publishing
Authors: Professor Roland Rotherham and Master Chef, Simon Smith
Format: Hardback with dust jacket and spot UV
Size: 229mm x 190mm x 16mmm
Page extent: 168pp
Sales & Distribution: Steve Brookes Publishing
KEY SELLING POINTS
- A unique cookery book containing recipes from as far back as Ancient Egypt through to Victorian times.
- Interesting and entertaining historical facts accompany each section as well as the individual recipes.
- Written with humour by The Professor in a style unlike any other cookbook, which will delight and enthrall the reader.
- Useful culinary tips for each recipe by Master Chef Simon Smith, along with some invaluable 21st century ‘tweaks’.
- The perfect gift for anyone with an interest in cooking, history – or both!